Monday, April 21, 2008

Tricia

I first learned about Transcendental Meditation from a counselor who recommended learning as a way to alleviate anxiety. At the time, I was unable to afford to learn. When I began to learn about Natural Law and about our ability as individuals to manifest our desires I decided that a way would be made for me to learn. I was not sure how this would happen, but I put my desire out there and released it to the Universe. Several months later I received a call from the local TM Center, letting me know about another Vedic Technology that was being offered at the time. When I explained that what I wanted most was to learn TM, the woman told me that financing was now available, and that I should come for an introductory lecture. I knew in my heart that I would receive something that evening, and I did. I learned about a study that was just about to begin at American University on the effects of TM on student's brains. The study was being funded by the David Lynch Foundation and so that night I went home and sent an e-mail asking if I could be a part of the study. The next morning I received an e-mail confirming that I could. A way had been made!
It is almost two years later and I am now a student at MUM, about to graduate with my masters in Maharishi Vedic Science. I think this is a pretty good indication of the profound effect learning to meditate had on my life. The truth is, my life is radically different than it was the day my counselor recommended I learn to meditate. After spending most of my life suffering from severe anxiety I am truly living beyond my wildest dreams. Coming from a perspective of not seeing many possibilities, I now see infinite possibilities. I believe in humanity more and have more faith in that which created all of this manifest world than I have ever before...I feel more peace and love inside and I believe this radiates out and affects the people in my life and in my path along the way. I know myself differently, and I experience the world differently and there is no doubt that meditation has played a critical role in this shift. Life is good :)

No comments: