Monday, April 21, 2008

Jesse

I was living a very simple life before coming to Fairfield to study and to practice TM. I didn't really have any direction I wanted to pursue in the world. I wasn't satisfied with the prospects offered at other Universities. Living with my mother was fine, yet I really knew I needed to grow up and educate myself. I knew I had an interest in spirituality and meditation, yet I hadn't found any direction to pursue with that in mind. I was fortunate to have heard of this University from my Uncle Bill, who's girlfriend had gone to this school.

I came to a visitors weekend, to check it out. I immediately felt a sense of belonging and a subtle connection with the community here. I had to return home and take care of loose ends before returning in the spring of '06. As soon as I returned I felt that sense of connection again and it has stuck with me since. I soon learned TM and practiced regularly. My favorite experience was that of the initiation into TM, I experienced a profound presence with me in the room, washing me clean of any worry and fear.

Now reflecting over the time that I have been here meditating and learning, I truly feel like I have found a place that inspires growth in me, especially with the areas I felt were lacking. I had been mediating before I came here, yet there was something missing. By being here I feel I have discovered my sense of purpose, which is to grow in consciousness through TM and the knowledge I gain from the physiology and health program. Then to help others gain greater levels of health and fulfillment through Ayurveda. I truly can't thank Maharishi and everyone enough for making this place what it is, heaven.

Jai Guru Dev

Jesse Clark Furner

No comments: