Monday, April 21, 2008

Kara

I learned to TM when I was 18 yrs. old. I lived on Cape Cod and for those who don't know it is a really pretty ocean-side community, a penisula off Massachusetts. I was working for an organic landscaper, hanging out with my friends, and reading a really interesting book about Ayurveda (which currently by the way is my major in my undergraduate degree at MUM right now) called "Perfect Health" by Deepak Chopra. I was really fascinated with the parts of Ayurveda that traditional medicine doesn't know about, like how subtle changes in a person's diet and daily routine can alter a person's health drastically! I also was intrigued with the simple effortless technique of TM and how this also could bring great balance into an individual's life. In the back of the book was a number for a Maharishi Ayurvedic Health Clinic where I could get my pulse taken.
So, at this point I made an appointment for a consultation and went out for an adventure to Cambridge, MA to get my pulse taken (which is something I take for granted now--it is how Ayurvedic Dr.'s sense health and ill-health in the body through the radial artery on the wrist, fascinating and effective by the way). One of the Ayurvedic recommendations was to learn TM, and while I was there I met a graduate of Maharishi University of Management(Andrea York). Andrea York still owns an art center on Cape Cod and her friend and my TM teacher, Elizabeth Kupferman, taught me TM.
Right away I noticed a great and deep feeling of bliss from the TM technique. I was calmer, more energetic at work and I felt some sense that the world was more deep and magical place than I had thought before. I always knew there was something beyond the reality as we see it everday, because I had dreams about it as a child. TM helped me to be grounded enough in this world to be able to see the relative existence and its underlying values. I liked what it did to me! I learned about the Bhagavad-Gita next and I felt a kinship toward this great warrior prince who had to defeat all the evil in the world while not being attached to it through anger. A lot of revelations happened to me at this point in my life while I possessed a grounded feeling and perspective. I felt I had something that other people did not have, which made me have a sort of elevated calmness that helped me to look at my life problems and problems on the job in a way other people began to notice give compliments to me. Anyway TM helped me in my life and I hope it helps you!

No comments: